No security related incidents were reported to the Fidelity Lonehill Control Room for the week ending 12 April 2017.
ROAD SAFETY TIPS FROM ARRIVE ALIVE
The Arrive Alive Road Safety website would like to share Road Safety Suggestions not only for the Festive Season and Easter – but for every day and all hours of the day!
Planning the Journey / Rules of the Road
- Obey the rules of the road and carry your drivers’ license with you.
- Plan the route to your holiday destination and give yourself enough time to reach the destination.
- Use a GPS navigation tool or a road atlas to plan your trip in advance.
- For peace of mind, try to stick to major routes or toll roads. If you are going to travel on the back roads, identify the towns along the route and what the distance is between them.
- Do not get stranded without fuel – Always plan ahead where you will re-fuel.
- Plan rest stops along the way and if you are travelling with kids it is a great way to let them know when and where you will be stopping.
- Always ensure that a friend or family member, who is not travelling with you, is aware of the route that you are planning to travel. Ideally, you should also update them on your progress of the journey and let them know when you have reached your destination safely.
- Try to avoid driving after dark if possible.
- Expect others not to be as obedient to the law as yourself.
Avoiding Criminals on the road
- Remain alerted to any areas that might present a threat of criminal activity such as hijackings and smash-and-grab.
- Always place your valuables in the boot of your car and never leave items such as cell phones and wallets in open sight, unattended, or on the seat of a car